If you own a HDDSR 600, HDDSR 605, or a HDPVR 630, your receiver should have downloaded our most recent software, version 08.26. To check if you have received the download, you can go into your Options menu > 4 > 7 and look at line H. If this says 08.26, you are good to go with the below changes!
While the overall look and feel of your interface will remain the same, we have added in some new features and have dramatically changed your On Demand experience!
For all 600-series models, you should notice the following changes:
Shaw Direct On Demand Interests Menu Revamp
- We have completely redesigned our Interests Menu to make it even
easier for you to browse through our 4000 + titles available through
Shaw Direct On Demand. This is a direct result of user feedback!
- Now, in the first column, you select whether you’re looking for Movies, TV shows, Music or your Premium subscription titles.
- In the second column, you are now able to select the channel or network the title is provided by.
- With the third column, you are still able to search by genre or other filters.
- This layout separates content in a more logical manner, providing you with the results you were looking for in less keystrokes.
- Be sure to check out the hundreds of titles that are available at no extra cost with your subscription! Any titles that are included with a network that you are not subscribed to will appear grey, just as you’re used to in your guide.
Other Shaw Direct On Demand Enhancements
- Other improvements have been made to your Shaw Direct On Demand experience, such as faster rewind and fast forward response, connectivity improvements, more consistent display of season and episode information under a specific TV show, and the ability to order in both HD and SD.
- Some specific TV programs have additional audio tracks available, such as descriptive video (DVS) or another language. This is used to ensure accessibility for all of our customers. When available, you will see the headphones icon (as shown) in the info banner.
- To select a different audio track, simply hit the ‘Source’ button on your remote and select from the list displayed in the top left hand corner
- Your default audio preference (as set in Options > 4 > 1) will be restored once you change the channel.
For HDPVR 630 users:
External Hard Drive Support
- You are now able to connect an external eSATA hard drive to increase your HDPVR 630 recording capacity by up to 2.0 TB! That’s equivalent to over 1000 SD hours, or 300 HD hours!
- External hard drives must be connected via eSATA, must be externally powered, and cannot be over 2.0 TB. For the most reliability, the drive should also be rated for PVR/DVR usage.
- For complete information on adding an external hard drive to your current HDPVR 630, please take a look here.
If you have any questions about this recent update or about your receiver in general, feel free to leave us a comment and ask!